SINGLE BLOG ARTICLE
15-03-2018, Djibouti (Djibouti): The Technical Working Group on Migration of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) met for the fourth time during a two-day gathering that closed yesterday in Djibouti.
The 4th Technical Working Group on Migration (TWGM) was chaired by the Acting Director of Health and Social Development Division, Ms. Fathia Alwan, and facilitated by the Senior Migration Programme Coordinator, Ms Caroline Njuki.
23 participants drawn from the IGAD Secretariat and Specialised Institutions and Programmes attended in view of working on the following objectives:
- Follow-up on recommendations, concept notes and planned activities from the 3rd TWGM meeting;
- Enhance the inter-disciplinary linkages and synergies between Divisions, Institutions and Programmes;
- Explore new potential approaches to migration, as well as identify collaboration fields with the migration programme;
- Identify joint actions and way forward.
Way forward of the meeting was as follows:
- Lucy to engage other relevant programs in the protocol on Free Movement Discussion Like from the Peace and Security Division.
- Forecast on Migration and Displacement by ICPAC
- Participation of the Migration team in the COF meeting
- The next Appraisal Mission for fund focusing on the cluster should include CEWARN , PCU, ICPAC and ICPALD
- Coordination and Consultation among the programs.
- Early warning system to be developed by Cewarn to assist in knowing the Movement of Transhumance
- Sharing of Monthly report on early warnings on migration from Member states
- information Exchange among the members of the Technical working group
- Outreach of Migration issues to member states