Strengthening the drought resilience – migration nexus in the IGAD region
Within its larger support to IGAD Drought Disaster Resilience and Sustainability Initiative (IDDRSI), GIZ supports a project component on migration. Its objective is to mainstream migration into the resilience agenda. Five major result areas under this project include:
- Establishing and evaluating the linkages between drought resilience and the fight against the root causes of migration with a view to integrating the findings into Regional and Country Programming Papers, as well as national development plans;
- Supporting cross border implementation of a pilot transhumance corridor;
- Facilitating the adoption process of the draft transhumance protocol;
- Development of knowledge systems/data monitoring and analysis; and
- Supporting the strengthening of linkages between IDDRSI and migration coordination at national and regional levels.
Link to project fact sheet